Skip to main content
Try Wikispaces Classroom now.
Brand new from Wikispaces.
Pages and Files
Chem I Final Review
Chem II Final Review
May 18 -22 2009 Week 12
Work/Review In class
1. Draw the number line I constantly use. Write gain electrons and an arrow, draw lose elections and an arrow.
2. What does LEOGER stand for?
3. Finish these phrases: gained electrons appear on the _ side of a chemical equation. Lost electrons appear on teh _ side of a chemical equation.
3. Write out all of the oxidation state rules we've gone over 4 times now.
4. Figure out the oxidation state of all of the elements in the following ions:
NO3 -1, NO2 -1, SO4 -2, SO3 -2, CO3 -2, PO4 -3, CN -1, CNO -1,
5. Figure out the oxidation state of all the elements in the following nuetral compounds.
Br2, I2, Cl2, Mn(s), Al(s), Ne, He
C6H12O6, P2O5, N2O5, CH4, SiH4, CrCl3, LiF, MnO2, MoO2, WO2
6. Balance the following redox reactions occuring in acidic solution.
Cr2O7 2-(aq) + HNO2(aq) --> Cr 3+(aq) + NO3 -1(aq) (acidic) ,
IO3 -1 + Fe +2 --> I2 + Fe 3+,
ClO4 -1 + Cl -1 --> ClO3 -1 + Cl2
7. Balance the following redox reactions occuring IN BASIC solution:
ClO -1 + Cr(OH)4 -1 ---> CrO4 -2 + Cl -1,
NO2 -1 + Al(s) --> NH3 + AlO2 -1
help on how to format text
Contributions to http://reich-chemistry.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world
Turn off "Getting Started"